Sunday 16 September 2007

Chrons disease: living life to the full

Living with Chrons Disease, David GerrardIt sometimes helps when you feel that everything is stacked up against you to realise that there are many people who have chrons disease and not only that they are participating in very physical activities.

An example that I only recently found out was David Garrard, a quarter back for the Jacksonville Jaguars, has Chrons disease.

There are days when I don't feel that I can even get out of bed, and recently I was invited on a camping weekend with friends. I was worried that it would be a problem but when you realise that some people are doing things that even people without chrons disease would find difficult, it can give you that little extra push that you need. I'd like to report that I did go on that camping trip and had an excellent time!

You can live your life to the full with Chrons Disease!

2 comments:

sweetpea said...

I have been living with crohn's for a long time now, at first they thought I had IBS, it wasn't until 2001 when my bowel closed up that they discovered Crohns,I live in Orange Park Fl,our quarterback David Garrard has inspired me to try the Remicade Therapy, I thought if a quarterback can live with this diease and do an outstanding job by the way, then I can too! Maybe I will see you at the infusion center one day and get your autograph. Thanks for sharing your story with every one!

h20bouy_99 said...

What bothers me most is you don't really look or feel sick. You just feel run down and sluggish, and not able to set around with a smile on your face all day long. I've lost 3 jobs because of Chron's flare ups - supposed to be illegal but there doesn't seem to be any defense against these employers - I've tried twice to work with the EEOC and they won't do much. If they validate your complaint, you get a right to sue letter but getting an attorney to take on such a case is pretty hard. So now I am without medical coverage. I can get my meds through the various patient assistance plans but I can't see my doctor. And I am without a job.

Like the song says - the road goes on forever and the party never ends.